Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Feragore Feragore is offline

Default Multiple pages per sheet in Print Preview?

Being very unfamiliar with Word 2007 (and office in general), I'm finding it
difficult to use Print Preview to see what my document looks when I print it
two pages per sheet in an effort to save money.

I found one option in Page Setup under the Margins tab, but instead of
making the text smaller like it should, it basically split the text into
small landscape pages making it use even more paper rather than less (from 4
pages to 10).

Is there any way to preview when printing under the 'Multiple pages per
sheet' option, or do I have to guess as to whether it will be readable or not?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The "2 pages per sheet" setting on the margin tab actually puts two small
"pages" on the same sheet. Although you see 10 pages, they'll print on five
sheets. You get two portrait pages on one landscape sheet or two landscape
on one portrait.

If you are wanting the pages to be reduced, then you need to use the "Pages
per sheet" option in the Print dialog. There is no way you can get a preview
of this, however.

http://word.mvps.org