Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marlon Sanchez Marlon Sanchez is offline

Default When I press the Shift key and the Semi Colon key I get an @

When I press the Shift key and the Semi Colon key I get an @ symbol. I
really want a Colon. I can't figure out why. This is only happening with
Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint. Under regional settings I'm using English
with an US keyboard. If I press the backspace key and then try it again the
colon appears. I looked under Symbols and Special Characters in Word, but
there is no shortcut key in there causing this. Any help resolving this
issue would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TWFybG9uIFNhbmNoZXo=?=,

When I press the Shift key and the Semi Colon key I get an @ symbol. I
really want a Colon. I can't figure out why. This is only happening with
Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint. Under regional settings I'm using English
with an US keyboard. If I press the backspace key and then try it again the
colon appears. I looked under Symbols and Special Characters in Word, but
there is no shortcut key in there causing this.

How about Tools/autocorrect options/AutoCorrect? Has an Autocorrect entry been
created for the colon?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org