Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kamran Kamran is offline

Default View text boundaries

[Word 2003]
Normally, when I apply View Text Boundaries in Tools Options, I see the
dotted line around the page and these L-shaped brackets indicating the
corners. After I wrote I macro that turns this feature on and off, I'm no
longer getting the brackets in the corners. Could someone tell me why??
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Kamran,

That depends on what your macro's doing. Without seeing the code, it's hard to say exactly what.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Kamran" wrote in message ...
[Word 2003]
Normally, when I apply View Text Boundaries in Tools Options, I see the
dotted line around the page and these L-shaped brackets indicating the
corners. After I wrote I macro that turns this feature on and off, I'm no
longer getting the brackets in the corners. Could someone tell me why??
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kamran Kamran is offline

Right, should have thought of that. It seems to do the same thing, whether I
do it manually through the menu or use this macro:

Sub View_Text_Boundaries()
ActiveWindow.View.ShowTextBoundaries = Not _
ActiveWindow.View.ShowTextBoundaries
End Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Kamran,

There's noting about that code to explain the behaviour you're reporting - unless you're using Web Layout view. Print Layout view is
the only one that shows the L-shaped brackets in the corners.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Kamran" wrote in message ...
Right, should have thought of that. It seems to do the same thing, whether I
do it manually through the menu or use this macro:

Sub View_Text_Boundaries()
ActiveWindow.View.ShowTextBoundaries = Not _
ActiveWindow.View.ShowTextBoundaries
End Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kamran Kamran is offline

Yeah, that's what I thought! But I see the corner brackets flash quickly and
then disappear when I turn the option on and off. I guess this isn't the
first inexplicable behavior (or the last....).
Thanks.

In Office 07 how do I view text boundaries? JAZ Microsoft Word Help 1 February 18th 08 10:18 PM
Show Text Boundaries Rabia Page Layout 6 December 10th 07 10:04 AM
Where are my old text boundaries? Lalo Page Layout 1 April 12th 07 04:50 AM
text boundaries Chris at FCC Microsoft Word Help 1 November 29th 05 06:46 PM
How do I view the boundaries/lines on a sheet of labels? A.Duggan Microsoft Word Help 1 September 12th 05 09:33 PM