K.Educator K.Educator is offline
Junior Member

Default Removing Placeholder Text in "School" Word Template

I am using the "School" Newsletter publishing template from Microsoft Word, and have been able to remove all the placeholder text except for one area: the header.

Having used Word a great deal before, I knew to try to select Insert, AutoText, "Header/Footer" from the drop down menu, but to no avail. I cannot select the header words "Lorem Ipsum Dolor" and "Issue [#]:: Date [#]" from this area.

Can anyone advise how I can remove it? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you double-click the header area, which activates the header/footer view, you
should be able to select and delete anything you want to get rid of. If the
Delete key doesn't work, you could always try cut (Ctrl+X).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"K.Educator" wrote in message ...

I am using the "School" Newsletter publishing template from Microsoft
Word, and have been able to remove all the placeholder text except for
one area: the header.

Having used Word a great deal before, I knew to try to select Insert,
AutoText, "Header/Footer" from the drop down menu, but to no avail. I
cannot select the header words "Lorem Ipsum Dolor" and "Issue [#]:: Date
[#]" from this area.

Can anyone advise how I can remove it? Thank you.

--
K.Educator

coxdenis32 coxdenis32 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post

"K.Educator" wrote in message ...

I am using the "School" Newsletter publishing template from Microsoft
Word, and have been able to remove all the placeholder text except for
one area: the header.

Having used Word a great deal before, I knew to try to select Insert,
AutoText, "Header/Footer" from the drop down menu, but to no avail. I
cannot select the header words "Lorem Ipsum Dolor" and "Issue [#]:: Date
[#]" from this area.

Can anyone advise how I can remove it? Thank you.

--
K.Educator
Professional copywriters use text templates to process text.
finistratbob finistratbob is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxdenis32 View Post
Professional copywriters use text templates to process text.
This is important information for people who write term papers or school creative assignments. I know copywriters use key combinations. Professional copywriters who work in educational resources https://writix.co.uk/dissertation-proposal-help use a template system. This helps save time. The text should be unique but the structure of the paper should be stationary.