Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jacky D.

Default Standard document layout

Hello,
I have been tasked with taking old documents and bringing them into the
current document standards. These documents are everything from typewritten
papers that I am using OCR software to save myself the typing, to relatively
recent documents that have been written in Word, but the skill of the person
writing the report varies widely, from people who will use macros to people
who will bend the document any way they can tosee it the wayy they want.
Would creating a document templete, that has the standard information like
heading layouts and section breaks be the best way to go to save us some time
as we bring these documents into the standard layout? It is extremely
frustrating to try and "fix" the original document and have strange things
like page numbering and TOC issues arising over and over again. I was
thinking by clearing all the formatting in the source document, and then
copying and pasting into the standard template layout, we could make the
documents all look and behave the same way.

Does this sound like the best way to go about this? I am dealing with
100+ documents to bring up to date.
Thanks