Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
SammyH SammyH is offline

Default Vertical margins disappeared - Word 2007

Dear Experts

My vertical margins seem to have disappeared. When I start a new document the text begins right at the top of the page. I cannot set in a margin for first or subsequent pages.

My paper is correctly set as A4
My Margins are correctly set as Tob Bottom 2.54/2.54 cm
The header/footer is set.
The vertical ruler is displayed.
I have tried clicking on the vertical ruler to set the margin but with no result.
I have tried adding in custom margins but with no effect
I am viewing my document in print layout.

I have restarted my system but no result.

Thanks
Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

SammyH wrote:
Dear Experts

My vertical margins seem to have disappeared. When I start a new
document the text begins right at the top of the page. I cannot set
in a margin for first or subsequent pages.

My paper is correctly set as A4
My Margins are correctly set as Tob Bottom 2.54/2.54 cm
The header/footer is set.
The vertical ruler is displayed.
I have tried clicking on the vertical ruler to set the margin but
with no result.
I have tried adding in custom margins but with no effect
I am viewing my document in print layout.

I have restarted my system but no result.

Thanks
Sam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jim Jim is offline

Hi SammyH

You may be viewing the document in PRINT MODE, the margins are there but do
not show unless selected when viewing in this way.

To switch the margins on so that you can see them in PRINT VIEW, go to

Tools, Options, View
Half way down the papge under the title PRINT AND WEB LAYOUT OPTIONS

Tick the box next to the White space between pages option (Print view only)

and the margins should be viewable

Regards
Jim