kurt

Default Hiding and unhiding headers and footers

Hi,
I would like to know if I can hide (or unhide) the header or footer only
when printing?
Herb Tyson [MVP]

You mean that you want to suppress header or footer when printing?

Assuming you don't have anything in the document formatted as hidden text
that you want printed, you can format the header or footer as hidden text.
Then tell Word not to print hidden text, and tell it *to* display hidden
text (except in Print Preview).

To display hidden text: Tools - Options - View, put a check by Hidden Text.

To NOT print hidden text: Tools - Options - Print, make sure there's no
check by Hidden text.\

To format the footer/header as hidden, display header or footer, press
Ctrl+A, then choose Format - Font, and tick the Hidden option under Effects.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com