Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
hans hans is offline

Default Restoring Styles to Default Settings

Is there a way to restore individual styles to their default settings in Word
2003? I've got a bunch of styles that have been changed and would like to
strip out those changes and start anew.

I tried importing "fresh" styles from the Normal.dot into the template I'm
working on, but for some reason the Organizer lists only a few of the styles
in the Normal template.

Also, is there a better way to access this Discussion Group than via MS's
website? I seem to recall having done this at some point but have lost the
instructions.

Thanks...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In the Style dialog, select "Styles in use." Except for Normal, Default
Paragraph Font, and Headings 1-3 (and any other headings that may be listed
in that view), you can click on Delete. This will not actually delete the
style but will restore it to its default Normal.dot formatting (and by that
I mean the formatting defined by the default out-of-the-box Normal.dot).

To access the Styles dialog in Word 2003 (if you haven't added a toolbar
button for it as I have), select Custom at the bottom of the Styles &
Formatting task pane, then click Styles... in the bottom left corner of the
Format Settings dialog.

To access this and other MS NGs via NNTP, follow the instructions at
http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm.

http://word.mvps.org

"Hans" wrote in message
Is there a way to restore individual styles to their default settings in
Word
2003? I've got a bunch of styles that have been changed and would like to
strip out those changes and start anew.

I tried importing "fresh" styles from the Normal.dot into the template I'm
working on, but for some reason the Organizer lists only a few of the
styles
in the Normal template.

Also, is there a better way to access this Discussion Group than via MS's
website? I seem to recall having done this at some point but have lost the
instructions.

Thanks...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
hans hans is offline

Once again, Suzanne Barnhill to the rescue! (I know MVPs aren't paid, but
they should be.) :-)

Thank you!

-Hans