Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yonaga

Default I can I turn off spell check for a single style.

I want to include blocks of computer code in my dissertation. I have defined
a style named "code", but can not turn off spell checking for the style, by
name. I can use the Lanugage feature and turn it off for each paragraph, but
this is tedious. Any ideas?

TIA,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Yes, you *can* turn off spell checking for a style. Here's how:

In the Styles & Formatting task pane, click the down arrow next to your code
style and select Modify.

In the Modify Style dialog that appears, click the Format button in the
lower left corner, and click Language in the popup menu.

In the Language dialog that appears, check the box for "Do not check
spelling or grammar."

Click OK in each dialog.

--
Jay Freedman

"Yonaga" wrote:

I want to include blocks of computer code in my dissertation. I have defined
a style named "code", but can not turn off spell checking for the style, by
name. I can use the Lanugage feature and turn it off for each paragraph, but
this is tedious. Any ideas?

TIA,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yonaga

Jay,

Works like a charm. BTW. the MVP site is nicely done.

Thanks,

Jon Butler