HCFRAdmin

Default Why does my LANDSCAPE Document print in LETTER format?

I've upgraded to a new computer and software program at work (Windows XP
Professional, from Windows XP Home Edition 2002). I've transferred all of my
files from my old computer to my new computer, and I'm having problems
printing my "Landscape" documents as actual Landscape documents! When I
print, it always comes out in a "Letter" format, instead of landscape. I've
compared the settings on both computers, and they are both comperable - the
same. I don't know what I'm missing. I've set up the printer the same as it
was on the old computer. Help me please! I'm afraid it's so obvious and I'll
feel so stupid if anyone out there knows the answer to my question, but I'm
at my wits end! Help me print landscape!

HCFRAdmin

I'm sorry, I've used the wrong terminology. You are correct, "Portrait" is
the word I was meaning to use. My "landscape" documents are printing in
"portrait" orientation. I haven't changed anything with my printer or the
way I feed the paper (default paper tray). I've got both of the computers
hooked up to the same printer, and the "old" computer will print the document
correctly, as landscape, and the new computer insists upon printing the same
document as portrait. Help?

Thank you!
Christy

"HCFRAdmin" wrote in message
[...]

In Print Preview, do you see a landscape or a portrait document?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

"Letter" and "landscape" are not mutually exclusive (Letter is a paper
size). Are you saying your landscape documents print in portrait
orientation? How are you feeding the paper?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"HCFRAdmin" wrote in message
[...]

Even though it's the same printer, the new computer likely is using a
different driver. I would start by checking the printer Properties and
making sure that the paper orientation is not hard-set there (but don't
change it to Landscape if it's set to Portrait!). You might try deleting and
reinstalling the printer, checking the manufacturer's Web site for an
updated driver.

"HCFRAdmin" wrote in message
Landscape.