Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sue

Default Can I print two pages onto one sheet of paper?

I want to reduce the page size in printing from a4 to a5, but by selecting
'zoom 2 pages' in the print menue the printer spits out a page where both
document pages are side to side, effectively reducing the size to a quarter
of the original size. What do I do wrong?
I am using MS Office Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Neil

Sue

Check that you haven't applied any scaling in the print menu, as this can
cause the problems you are experiencing. It sort of makes sense to scale to
A5 if you want to on a page, but if you also select two pages per sheet then
Word sort of doubles shrinks. So only select the option to print '2 Pages per
sheet'

Hope this makes sense!

Neil
www.nwarwick.co.uk
"Sue" wrote:

I want to reduce the page size in printing from a4 to a5, but by selecting
'zoom 2 pages' in the print menue the printer spits out a page where both
document pages are side to side, effectively reducing the size to a quarter
of the original size. What do I do wrong?
I am using MS Office Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

One way to do this is to convert the file to a .pdf. Adobe Reader will allow
you to print the resulting .pdf file as multiple pages per sheet. If you
don't have the full version of Acrobat, you can always download PrimoPDF
from www.primopdf.com and use that. I especially like the price - free. :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Sue" wrote in message
I want to reduce the page size in printing from a4 to a5, but by selecting
'zoom 2 pages' in the print menue the printer spits out a page where both
document pages are side to side, effectively reducing the size to a
quarter
of the original size. What do I do wrong?
I am using MS Office Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sue

Hmm ... haven't even thought about this one. But sadly no, I had no scaling.
I suspect the problem has something to do with the paper orientation,
because in order to put two pages on one sheet they have to be turned
sideways. I tried to switch it in the printer properties page, but it didn't
listen to me.
Thanks anyway.

"Sue" wrote:

I want to reduce the page size in printing from a4 to a5, but by selecting
'zoom 2 pages' in the print menue the printer spits out a page where both
document pages are side to side, effectively reducing the size to a quarter
of the original size. What do I do wrong?
I am using MS Office Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sue

Sounds good. I have the Adobe Reader, but how do I produce the .pdf file? Is
there a generic printer driver I can use?

"Sue" wrote in message
I want to reduce the page size in printing from a4 to a5, but by selecting
'zoom 2 pages' in the print menue the printer spits out a page where both
document pages are side to side, effectively reducing the size to a
quarter
of the original size. What do I do wrong?
I am using MS Office Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Like I said - download Primo PDF.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

One way to do this is to convert the file to a .pdf. Adobe Reader will
allow
you to print the resulting .pdf file as multiple pages per sheet. If you
don't have the full version of Acrobat, you can always download PrimoPDF
from www.primopdf.com and use that. I especially like the price - free.
:-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Sue" wrote in message
I want to reduce the page size in printing from a4 to a5, but by
selecting
'zoom 2 pages' in the print menue the printer spits out a page where
both
document pages are side to side, effectively reducing the size to a
quarter
of the original size. What do I do wrong?
I am using MS Office Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sue

Ups ... that took too long to sink in. Thanks for the tip.
I tried it and it works ok, just the quality of the pics seems to go down a
bit. But its a great help.
Tried some more and found out that the initial problem only seems to appear
when starting with a landscape formatted document (portrait orientation seems
to work fine). Is that a Word problem or is it me?
Cheers
Sue

"Sue" wrote in message
I want to reduce the page size in printing from a4 to a5, but by
selecting
'zoom 2 pages' in the print menue the printer spits out a page where
both
document pages are side to side, effectively reducing the size to a
quarter
of the original size. What do I do wrong?
I am using MS Office Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ian_T

If you have a landscape formatted document, I have found that I needed
to set a 'landscape' option.
Under File / Print, click on 'Properties' and then on the 'Features'
tab (assuming you have it...I am using Word2002 under XP)
On this tab, in the 'orientation' area, click on Landscape (it should
show you a picture of how it will look). Also, a little further down
the window click on 'Multiple Pages per Sheet' and make sure the '2
pages per sheet' is checked.

--
Ian Totman
Toronto

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The settings you describe are specific to your printer driver (once you get
into Properties from the Print dialog, you're in printer territory). Word
offers two ways to print two pages per sheet, one for setting up the
document that way (in Page Setup) and one for shrinking two existing pages
(in the Print dialog).

oups.com...