Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Martin JR Martin JR is offline

Default equation editor

I was working on a document with a lot of equations in it which had been
generated from Equation Editor. After a short spell away from the pc I THINK
I did something on the keyboard which the equations change text format, into
what looks like wingdings.
When I double click on any of the equations to edit or modify them the
equation symbols are OK but when I click to return back to the word document
they just change back to the wingding format.

At the same time this happened the text on AOL changed to Italic -
coincidence, I dont know.

Regards MArtin
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

On 6-Sep-2006, Martin JR wrote:

I was working on a document with a lot of equations in it which
had been generated from Equation Editor...When I double click
on any of the equations to edit or modify them the equation
symbols are OK but when I click to return back to the word
document they just change back to the wingding format.

I've been on vacation and unable to respond to newsgroup posts, but
John McGhie had the problem correctly pegged as a font problem. With
Equation Editor open, in the Style menu, click Define. These styles
must be set to Symbol font: LCGreek, UCGreek, and Symbol. Everything
else should be set to the font you're using in Word for your text.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide