campwes

Default Mail merge data source problem

Cindy,

How might I use an RDBMS datasource for my mail merge file? I wan't to do
this in C#, but I can't find any examples.

TIA,

-campwes

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi Hamid,

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want; how you want to handle the
data source is not clear. But based on requests I've seen from "web page
people", I'm guessing you want to hold the data in a stream and feed it to the
mail merge.

Word's mail merge does not support this. Word requires a flat-table, saved to disk.

I need to write a html page that opens a word document and does an automatic
mail merge with the data that I supply to it from within the mailmerge and
not the ususal data source.

I have the data in javascript, all I need to do is run word, give it the
data and then do a mil amerge.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Y2FtcHdlcw==?=,

How might I use an RDBMS datasource for my mail merge file? I wan't to do
this in C#, but I can't find any examples.

I understand some C#-speak, but my grasp of the acronym RDBMS is uncertain.
Could you spell it out for me, please?

Perhaps it will help answer your question if I say that Word REQUIRES a data
source saved to a "traditional" network or local disk path. URLs aren't
accepted. Nor can Word work with any data source "in memory".