Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alan

Default add page after text box

In Word 2003, how can I make an insertion point outside (below) a text box so
as to continue with the rest of the document? Word only lets me make the
point before the text box.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QWxhbg==?=,

In Word 2003, how can I make an insertion point outside (below) a text box so
as to continue with the rest of the document? Word only lets me make the
point before the text box.

Hmmm. A text box is anchored to a paragraph, but can be placed anywhere on the
page. But the "text area" doesn't expand automatically to include any space
between the last typed text and the text box position. I'd probably format the
text box with "above/below" formatting (or put it in-line with the text), then
click in the last paragraph and press ENTER.

But that's me :-) You might try double-clicking where you want to start typing
again. If Tools/Options/Edit/Enable click and type is activated, that should
automatically insert as many paragraphs as you need to "drop below" the picture.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)