Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mamabevi5

Default I want to remove the dashes between words as I type

In my word program I changed the normal format somehow by accident and now
everything I do in word shows paragraph markers (looks like a backwards P) at
the beginning and ending of sentences, and there is a dsah between every
word. Since I don't know how I made it happen, I don't know how to turn it
off. Please help! It drives me nuts to see all this while I type and I can't
make a new document without these things showing either.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

These things are actually very useful. The following will explain what they
are, how to turn them on, and....
how to turn them off.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"mamabevi5" wrote in message
In my word program I changed the normal format somehow by accident and now
everything I do in word shows paragraph markers (looks like a backwards P)
at
the beginning and ending of sentences, and there is a dsah between every
word. Since I don't know how I made it happen, I don't know how to turn it
off. Please help! It drives me nuts to see all this while I type and I
can't
make a new document without these things showing either.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mamabevi5

Thank you so much for your help. The control-shift-8 did the trtick. Now I
can't figure out how to rate your answer, but want you to know it was
awesome!
Thanks again!
mamabevi5