Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charliec Charliec is offline

Default Word 2007 - Printing Problem

I have a problem printing in Word 2007 on WinXP (with all the latest
updates). When I have a multiple page document, say 4 pages, and I
want to print just page 2, in the printer box, after selecting Print,
I select the option to print certain pages and enter 2-2, and then ok.
Word does not print page 2.

I can go back to print, and leave the selection at all pages, and all
4 pages print just fine. I have two printers attached to the desktop
and it happens on both printers.

In Excel 2007, I do not have this problem, I can print selected pages
just fine.

What could be causing this problem in Word 2007, and is there a fix
for it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Charliec
Charliec
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Did you try typing in 2 instead of 2-2?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Charliec" wrote in message
I have a problem printing in Word 2007 on WinXP (with all the latest
updates). When I have a multiple page document, say 4 pages, and I
want to print just page 2, in the printer box, after selecting Print,
I select the option to print certain pages and enter 2-2, and then ok.
Word does not print page 2.

I can go back to print, and leave the selection at all pages, and all
4 pages print just fine. I have two printers attached to the desktop
and it happens on both printers.

In Excel 2007, I do not have this problem, I can print selected pages
just fine.

What could be causing this problem in Word 2007, and is there a fix
for it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Charliec
Charliec

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charliec Charliec is offline

Yes I did JoAnn and it happens either way.

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 20:01:39 -0500, "JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Did you try typing in 2 instead of 2-2?

Charliec
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Charlie,

If your Word document has more than one section you can use either 'current page' or you can specify the section and page number in
the section choice per the text in the Print dialog just below the 'pages' choice, i.e. to print the 2nd page in the 3rd section,
you can enter p2s3.

===========
"Charliec" wrote in message ...
I have a problem printing in Word 2007 on WinXP (with all the latest
updates). When I have a multiple page document, say 4 pages, and I
want to print just page 2, in the printer box, after selecting Print,
I select the option to print certain pages and enter 2-2, and then ok.
Word does not print page 2.

I can go back to print, and leave the selection at all pages, and all
4 pages print just fine. I have two printers attached to the desktop
and it happens on both printers.

In Excel 2007, I do not have this problem, I can print selected pages
just fine.

What could be causing this problem in Word 2007, and is there a fix
for it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Charliec
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charliec Charliec is offline

The document does not have sections, it is just a four page document.
In the Print dialog, under Page Range, I enter 2 in the Pages
selection and it does not print page 2 - I enter 2-2 in the Pages
selection and it does not print page 2. I can select "All" and it
prints all pages.

"Charliec" wrote in message ...
I have a problem printing in Word 2007 on WinXP (with all the latest
updates). When I have a multiple page document, say 4 pages, and I
want to print just page 2, in the printer box, after selecting Print,
I select the option to print certain pages and enter 2-2, and then ok.
Word does not print page 2.

I can go back to print, and leave the selection at all pages, and all
4 pages print just fine. I have two printers attached to the desktop
and it happens on both printers.

In Excel 2007, I do not have this problem, I can print selected pages
just fine.

What could be causing this problem in Word 2007, and is there a fix
for it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Charliec

Charliec

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Charlie,

If your cursor is in Page 2 and use the 'current page' choice in the print dialog does it print the correct page?

If you're in Print Layout view does the status bar show "Section 1"?

If you try p2s1 in the print dialog what does it print?

=============
"Charliec" wrote in message ...
The document does not have sections, it is just a four page document.
In the Print dialog, under Page Range, I enter 2 in the Pages
selection and it does not print page 2 - I enter 2-2 in the Pages
selection and it does not print page 2. I can select "All" and it
prints all pages.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charliec Charliec is offline

See answers below.

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 11:47:08 -0800, "Bob Buckland ?:-\)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote:

Hi Charlie,

If your cursor is in Page 2 and use the 'current page' choice in the print dialog does it print the correct page?

Prints ok

If you're in Print Layout view does the status bar show "Section 1"?

Not sure where Print Layout is?

If you try p2s1 in the print dialog what does it print?

Does not Pring

=============
"Charliec" wrote in message ...
The document does not have sections, it is just a four page document.
In the Print dialog, under Page Range, I enter 2 in the Pages
selection and it does not print page 2 - I enter 2-2 in the Pages
selection and it does not print page 2. I can select "All" and it
prints all pages.

Charliec
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Charlie,

Print Layout view in Word 2007 is available either from the View tab in the Ribbon (first choice on the left) or via the status bar
at the bottom of the screen) the left icon of the five views.

If you don't see the word 'Section' on the status bar at the bottom of the screen, right click the status bar and turn on that
choice.

===========
"Charliec" wrote in message ...

If you're in Print Layout view does the status bar show "Section 1"?

Not sure where Print Layout is?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charliec Charliec is offline

Hi Bob,

I turned on Section at bottom right icon on status bar and it says "1"
to the right. Went back to print and entered 2 for page 2 - no print.
Retried by entering "p2s1" - no print.

Charlie

"Charliec" wrote in message ...

If you're in Print Layout view does the status bar show "Section 1"?

Not sure where Print Layout is?

Charliec

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charliec Charliec is offline

No, it does not print individual pages in Safe Mode either.

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 05:53:36 -0000, "Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote:

Does it work in Safe Mode - hold down Ctrl while stating Word?

Charliec
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Does this happen - or not happen - in one particular document - or in all
documents?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

surname dot com wrote:

Does it work in Safe Mode - hold down Ctrl while stating Word?

Charliec

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charliec Charliec is offline

Thanks for the tip - other documents do print individual pages - so it
appears to be something with that one document.

Thanks

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 20:40:21 -0000, "Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote:

Does this happen - or not happen - in one particular document - or in all
documents?

Charliec

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] lumazi@gmail.com is offline

Gentlemen,

I am experiencing the same issue. I've got a 4 page document and
am trying to print just pages and 2. I've tried 1-2 .... 1,2 ... s1p1-
s1p2 .... nothing is working. Did you find what the issue was by any
chance?

Thank you in advance for your help
Scott Vercuski

surname dot com wrote:

Does this happen - or not happen - in one particular document - or in all
documents?

Charliec- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

No, we didn't but it was confined to a single document.

I see the one thing missing from your list - which you might need if you did
have multiple sections - is p1s1-p1s2

--
Enjoy,
Tony

surname dot com wrote:

Does this happen - or not happen - in one particular document - or in
all
documents?

Charliec- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GeC GeC is offline

I'm likewise having this same problem: want to print pages 1 and 2 of a 4
page Word document, (but) which originated from a form template that had
blanks filled out. If I port the document to WordPerfect X4, the document
prints correctly using the same printer (and driver). There are no sections
involved ... is this a bug?