Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Gilbert De Ceulaer Gilbert De Ceulaer is offline

Default Saving a copy of a mailmerge document with the fields fixed

I use a template with mailmerge fields (date, number, name, address,...)
Is there a way to save a copy of that document with the merged fields fixed
?

Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bruce Bruce is offline

I had the SAME question last week!
Graham Mayor responded with :

Break the link with Excel - CTRL+A then CTRL+SHIFT+F9
or by macro

Sub BreakLink()
Selection.WholeStory
Selection.Fields.Unlink
End Sub

You could incorporate this in the file save routine in your invoice template

Sub FileSave()
Selection.WholeStory
Selection.Fields.Unlink
ActiveDocument.Save
End Sub

Good luck!
Bruce

"Gilbert De Ceulaer" wrote in message
I use a template with mailmerge fields (date, number, name, address,...)
Is there a way to save a copy of that document with the merged fields
fixed ?

Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod macropod is offline

Hi Gilbert,

If you create a new document based on the template, then use Ctrl-A to select it all, followed by Ctrl-Shift-F9 to convert the
fields to text, that will 'fix' the mergefields.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]