Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default List Styles and TOC - Word 2007

When I get the time, I'll do some tests myself with this. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" u43222@uwe wrote in message
When I created the list styles, I was also creating document templates for
proposals. New documents based on those template retain the style settings
of the template and the list style (still linked to the headings).

If I move a list style via the organizer to another document not based on the
same proposal template, the list style is still linked to heading style
_names_ (but the headings style settings will be those of the destination
document).

So I think the list-style-with-links works with everything but normal.dotm.
And for good reason.

Pam

Stefan Blom wrote:
Have you also tested adding both the list style and the linked paragraph
styles
to the template? Does that work better?

I was able to duplicate your result. I created a new list style linked to
heading styles and clicked "New documents based on this template" (normal.

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]
they should be already in the normal.dot, shouldn't they? In theory, this
should work, right? Is it a bug in Word perhaps, or maybe by design?