Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JJ JJ is offline

Default Header is Removed when deleting Page Break

Hi Everyone - I've created a document that is 8 pages long with a header and
footer. There is no content on page 8. When I attempt to hit delete to
remove the extra space at the end of the text on page 7 the header is removed
when page 8 is gone. Same to trying to remove the page break. As soon as I
delete the break the header for the whole doc is gone.

Any Ideas as to how to resolve the problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

It sounds like your page break is really a section break. Here are the
instructions for Word 2003. It may be different in other versions of Word.

The easiest way to fix your problem is to open the header and navigate to
the last header in the document. Then link it to the previous header. That
should allow you to remove the break without deleting your header.

If that doesn't work, turn on your non-printing characters by pressing the ¶
button in your toolbar. Then place your cursor after the section break.
(Should appear as a dotted double line.) Go to File - Page Setup - Layout,
and change Section Start: to "continuous."

I hope this helps.

Fred

"JJ" wrote:

Hi Everyone - I've created a document that is 8 pages long with a header and
footer. There is no content on page 8. When I attempt to hit delete to
remove the extra space at the end of the text on page 7 the header is removed
when page 8 is gone. Same to trying to remove the page break. As soon as I
delete the break the header for the whole doc is gone.

Any Ideas as to how to resolve the problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

And for more on sections and Page Setup in Word, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP