Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wendy

Default How do I restore the file dropdown menu to the command bar

The drop-down file menu has disaapeared from the main command line.

How do I get it back.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

See:

How to restore a command to a menu
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...oreMenuCmd.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Wendy" wrote in message
The drop-down file menu has disaapeared from the main command line.

How do I get it back.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wendy

Sorry it is not a command missing from the menu
It is the entire File drop dwon menu on the to command line
File i missing, Edit, View, Insert, Format etc are still there.

I tried using the View, Toolbars, customise, etc but that did not work.

I tried going to help and running detet/repair, that did not work either

I tried re-installing word, still no joy

I found one instruction on this site, tStart: Run: winword.exe /a
I go a messsage that winword.exe /a could not be found

Any other suggestions?

Wendy

"Wendy" wrote in message
The drop-down file menu has disaapeared from the main command line.

How do I get it back.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

You can restore the entire file menu from the Customize dialog box. On
the Commands tab, choose the "Built-in Menus" category; you'll see
File, Edit, etc. in the Commands box on the right, and you could just
drag the File menu item back to the menu bar. If this doesn't work,
you may have to delete the Data key in the Windows registry. For
instructions, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom