Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dr-wiseley dr-wiseley is offline

Default autocorrect/format spaces between sentences

Karen wrote on 03/10/2010 09:53 ET :
Using speech to text and program only adds one space between sentences. Is
there a way to setup autocorrect or autoformat to make it two spaces between
sentences. When I used spellcheck it automaticially goes to each sentence
break for me to add that space but wondered if there is a way to
automatically do it.

The APA has now gone to 2 spaces in v6 (see section 4.01) from one in v5
(section 5.11). It depends on the operating system and version of office on
how
to change it.

Under windows 7:
• access the control panel,
• access speech recognition,
• select advanced speech options,
• on the properties page, select 2 as the number of spaces between
sentences.
• exit saving all the way.
If you need the XP solution, it is in a similar place as I remember.

Hope this helps.