Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ken Hallgren Ken Hallgren is offline

Default Need help Office is driving me crazy

First of all Hello to those who read this and thank-you to those who respond.

I have a fairly new computer using Vista and when I bought it I also bought
Office Home and student.

Now when I try to use it this message comes up - Microsoft Office word/fax
has stopped working.

Then - Windows will close the program and notify me if a solution is
available.

This has been going on for several days. I have tried putting the disc back
in, also I have tried phoning the number given where I talk to some computer
and also have tried emailing Microsoft where they tell me they are having
some kind of problem.

Unfortunately I am a dolt when it comes to this stuff and need simple help.
Could anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

Thanks,
Ken
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Your post doesn't give us a lot to go on. Specifically what are you doing
when the message appears? Specifically what does the error message say?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Ken Hallgren" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ken Hallgren Ken Hallgren is offline

Dear Joann,

What I am doing is trying to use word or fax-wizard. When I click on either
they appear on my screen but as soon as I try to type on them, they shutdown
and the messages as described in my orginal post appear.

I'm sorry but there is no specific error message, such as " error 505 " or
whatever, just what I am describing.

Thanks for your help,

Ken

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Only the business versions of Windows Vista have fax software (which is not
installed by default), and Word 2007 does not have any wizards, so which
wizard are you trying to use and what fax software do you have installed?