Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
angela g angela g is offline

Default How not show header in 2nd page of doc??

It's real easy and Word has tons of doc to show how not to have header on
first page of a doc. But I want the header to start on page THREE, with the
page number TWO. I think I have numbering OK but is the only option in
headers to be whether you have first page different from the rest?

BTW, demos seem to only run in IE, not Firefox.

I'm using Office 07 on vista home 64-bit.
Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can either insert a section break after page 2 and set the header for
the second section
or
you could start the page numbering from 0 and insert a conditional field {
IF { Page } 1 { Page }} which will put page number 2 on Page 3
incrementing on subsequent pages.

angela g wrote:
It's real easy and Word has tons of doc to show how not to have
header on first page of a doc. But I want the header to start on page
THREE, with the page number TWO. I think I have numbering OK but is
the only option in headers to be whether you have first page
different from the rest?

BTW, demos seem to only run in IE, not Firefox.

I'm using Office 07 on vista home 64-bit.
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
angela g angela g is offline

Thanks but . . .
I tried inserting a section break at the end of the cover page and at the
beginning of the first page after the cover page, the page with the beginning
of the content, the page I'd like to have start the page counting but not
have a header itself.

I used continuous break because all the others didn't seem to be the right
kind of break, for one reason or another.

After that, in header I checked "different first page." However, if I
deleted the header on page 1, the one after the cover page that I refer to
above, all headers on all pages were wiped out. If I put the header back on
page 2, the header also came back on page 1. So I noticed no difference
whether I had "different first page" checked or not. Am I inserting the wrong
type of break?

At this point, I'm thinking of trying this on my laptop which still has XP
and Word 02.

Thanks.

"angela g" wrote:

It's real easy and Word has tons of doc to show how not to have header on
first page of a doc. But I want the header to start on page THREE, with the
page number TWO. I think I have numbering OK but is the only option in
headers to be whether you have first page different from the rest?

BTW, demos seem to only run in IE, not Firefox.

I'm using Office 07 on vista home 64-bit.
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
angela g angela g is offline

Oh, I think I got it by using "section break odd page." Since you didn't
specify a particular type of section break, wasn't clear to me that was the
type that would work. Thanks.

angela g wrote:
It's real easy and Word has tons of doc to show how not to have
header on first page of a doc. But I want the header to start on page
THREE, with the page number TWO. I think I have numbering OK but is
the only option in headers to be whether you have first page
different from the rest?

BTW, demos seem to only run in IE, not Firefox.

I'm using Office 07 on vista home 64-bit.
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

From the header design tab and the cursor in the second section, uncheck the
link to previous check box. then ensure that you have the headers you want
in the second section but not the first.