Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Geoff Budd Geoff Budd is offline

Default Selectively clear recent document list

I use a macro to clear the recent documents list in Word 2007 as follows:

Sub ClearMRU()
' Clears the list of most recently used documents
Dim ListSize
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
ListSize = Application.RecentFiles.Maximum
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = ListSize
End Sub

However, what I would really like to do is only clear the list of documents
that have not been "pinned". Does anyone know a way of clearing the list but
leaving the "pinned" ones on the list?

Many thanks,
Geoff
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I don't believe it is possible without reading the registry.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Geoff Budd" wrote in message
I use a macro to clear the recent documents list in Word 2007 as follows:

Sub ClearMRU()
' Clears the list of most recently used documents
Dim ListSize
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
ListSize = Application.RecentFiles.Maximum
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = ListSize
End Sub

However, what I would really like to do is only clear the list of
documents
that have not been "pinned". Does anyone know a way of clearing the list
but
leaving the "pinned" ones on the list?

Many thanks,
Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Yes, http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm.

--
Jay

"Geoff Budd" wrote in message
I use a macro to clear the recent documents list in Word 2007 as follows:

Sub ClearMRU()
' Clears the list of most recently used documents
Dim ListSize
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
ListSize = Application.RecentFiles.Maximum
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = ListSize
End Sub

However, what I would really like to do is only clear the list of
documents
that have not been "pinned". Does anyone know a way of clearing the list
but
leaving the "pinned" ones on the list?

Many thanks,
Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

That neither shows the 'pin' status of an entry, nor allows its use as a
selection criterion, because, AFAIK, the Obect Model does not provide the
information. I stand by what I first said that this can not be done without
digging in the registry.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"Geoff Budd" wrote in message
I use a macro to clear the recent documents list in Word 2007 as
follows:

Sub ClearMRU()
' Clears the list of most recently used documents
Dim ListSize
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
ListSize = Application.RecentFiles.Maximum
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = ListSize
End Sub

However, what I would really like to do is only clear the list of
documents
that have not been "pinned". Does anyone know a way of clearing the
list
but
leaving the "pinned" ones on the list?

Many thanks,
Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I don't know of anything, except that I think they get a sort of priority
when you reduce the size of the list to anything other than zero - but doing
this does not cause the registry to be cleared so if you increase the size
of the list again, it just brings back all the ones you had before.

I don't think it would be enormously difficult to add some sort of feature
to Greg's macro but I don't have time at the moment and I suspect Greg -
game though I'm sure he'd be - would need some help to pull the flags out of
the registry.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

wrote:

Doesn't Greg have a macro that does this?

http://word.mvps.org

.. .

"Geoff Budd" wrote in message
I use a macro to clear the recent documents list in Word 2007 as
follows:

Sub ClearMRU()
' Clears the list of most recently used documents
Dim ListSize
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
ListSize = Application.RecentFiles.Maximum
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = ListSize
End Sub

However, what I would really like to do is only clear the list of
documents
that have not been "pinned". Does anyone know a way of clearing the
list
but
leaving the "pinned" ones on the list?

Many thanks,
Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Matthew[_5_] Matthew[_5_] is offline

yes he has already written a macro for this:
http://www.gmayor.com/clear_recently_used_file_list.htm

Matthew

"Geoff Budd" wrote in message
I use a macro to clear the recent documents list in Word 2007 as
follows:

Sub ClearMRU()
' Clears the list of most recently used documents
Dim ListSize
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
ListSize = Application.RecentFiles.Maximum
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = ListSize
End Sub

However, what I would really like to do is only clear the list of
documents
that have not been "pinned". Does anyone know a way of clearing
the list
but
leaving the "pinned" ones on the list?

Many thanks,
Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Thank you Suzanne. I'm just re-installing Word 2010 and will then have a
look at the changes there.

--

"Geoff Budd" wrote in message
I use a macro to clear the recent documents list in Word 2007 as
follows:

Sub ClearMRU()
' Clears the list of most recently used documents
Dim ListSize
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
ListSize = Application.RecentFiles.Maximum
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = ListSize
End Sub

However, what I would really like to do is only clear the list of
documents
that have not been "pinned". Does anyone know a way of clearing
the list
but
leaving the "pinned" ones on the list?

Many thanks,
Geoff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

On Sep 30, 5:16*pm, "Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com
wrote:
Thank youSuzanne. I'm just re-installing Word 2010 and will then have a
look at the changes there.

--
Enjoy,Tony

*www.WordArticles.com

"SuzanneS. Barnhill" wrote in l...

[...]

m...

"Geoff Budd" wrote in message
I use a macro to clear the recent documents list in Word 2007 as
follows:

Sub ClearMRU()
' Clears the list of most recently used documents
Dim ListSize
* *Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
* *ListSize = Application.RecentFiles.Maximum
* *Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
* *Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = ListSize
End Sub

However, what I would really like to do is only clear the list of
documents
that have not been "pinned". *Does anyone know a way of clearing
the list
but
leaving the "pinned" ones on the list?

Many thanks,
Geoff- Hide quoted text -

Ms. Barnhill, Jay, Tony, Graham

I updated the webpage to include the feature to delete "All,"
"Selected," "Pinned," and "Unpinned" files. The pinned and unpinned
options are only availabe in Word2007.

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm

I stole some code snips from Graham's post ;-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm sure you must have meant to address Ms. Barnhill, Mr. Freedman, Mr.
Jollans, and Mr. Mayor. g

http://word.mvps.org