Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randi Randi is offline

Default mouse failure

My mouse dosen't work in the document, it does work on the ribbon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2007? Mouse problems are usually attributable to the mouse driver
software and especially intellitype software if installed. Check for updates
and if necessary uninstall the latter.

..

Randi wrote:
My mouse dosen't work in the document, it does work on the ribbon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lmva lmva is offline

I am having a similar problem. The thing is, the mouse is working with all
programs except Microsoft Word 2007. I cannot select text, but I can make
selections from the ribbons. When I go to Word Options, I cannot select any
of the options. This is happening on my laptop and I have tried both the
built in mouse and a usb mouse.

This is very frustrating - any ideas? I will try updating the drivers for
the mouses, but the fact that they work with all other programs seems to
negate that explanation.

Thanks

LMVA

Randi wrote:
My mouse dosen't work in the document, it does work on the ribbon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

With Word and Outlook closed, locate and delete the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\W ord\Data

If you don't know how to do that, see
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm In the third illustration
you will see the Data key seven items above the Options key subject of that
page.

Randi wrote:
My mouse dosen't work in the document, it does work on the ribbon

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Maxwell Dave Maxwell is offline

I had the same problem and your key deletion suggestion did the trick for me.
No driver issue, the problem cropped up after an automatic Vista update
(Thanks, Microsoft ;D). I'll save this solution as a text file for future
reference since this happened previously and I had to uninstall/reinstall to
fix it.

Randi wrote:
My mouse dosen't work in the document, it does work on the ribbon

cannot place cursor with mouse or keyboard mouse/ use arrows Trevor Microsoft Word Help 3 October 22nd 08 04:38 PM
Macro Failure Curt Microsoft Word Help 3 May 29th 08 04:03 PM
Engine Failure MegBoschetti06 Mailmerge 2 November 10th 06 07:43 AM
Failure to print Don K. Microsoft Word Help 5 January 3rd 06 02:43 AM
Smart tag failure Dovid Microsoft Word Help 1 March 17th 05 12:11 PM