Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill Braxton Bill Braxton is offline

Default Saving a Word Doc as a Web Page

I saved my 20 page Word doc.x as a Web Page, when I use I.E.6 to view it, I
comes out as a single Web page that you have to scroll through. How do I
create multiple Web pages?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Well, yeah, Bill - that's what Save As Web *Page* means :-) Word is not
really designed for the purpose of creating Web Sites. You'd do far better
to invest in a decent web authoring software package. Even PPt or Publisher
would be a better choice than Word.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Bill Braxton" Bill wrote in message
I saved my 20 page Word doc.x as a Web Page, when I use I.E.6 to view it,
comes out as a single Web page that you have to scroll through. How do I
create multiple Web pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

No, no, no - don't recommend Publisher. Recommend Notepad if they won't use
something like Expressions Web.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"CyberTaz" gtz1@comcastdotnet wrote in message
Well, yeah, Bill - that's what Save As Web *Page* means :-) Word is not
really designed for the purpose of creating Web Sites. You'd do far better
to invest in a decent web authoring software package. Even PPt or
Publisher would be a better choice than Word.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
Office:Mac MVP

"Bill Braxton" Bill wrote in message
I saved my 20 page Word doc.x as a Web Page, when I use I.E.6 to view it,
comes out as a single Web page that you have to scroll through. How do I
create multiple Web pages?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

It wasn't a recommendation by any means... I just suggested that it's better
than Word - I didn't say how much better :-)

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"JoAnn Paules" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I've heard even Publisher MVPs say it was actually worse than Word (creates
messier HTML).

http://word.mvps.org

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Publisher uses VML (Vector Markup Language) rather than HTML. And it's ugly.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill Pearson Bill Pearson is offline

Yeah, what everyone said. It's a truly, truly bad idea. Word's (and
Publisher's) "html" are execrable. I don't know what the final use is for
your pages, but you just might try an easy free html editor and cut and paste
the plain text copy into it. Or if you're feeling ambitious, download the
Expression Web free 30-day trial and see how you do with it. The trial
version is the full version, it's just the trial key that expires.

(and pssst...don't tell anyone...but if you can wait until after the first
of the month, you'll get a longer trial. Microsoft doesn't start counting 30
days on its trials until the first of the month after the software is
installed. If you do it on May 1 or 2, you'll be good to go until June 30)

But EW is serious software and you may have to download .NET 3.5 and install
it first.

One of the biggest problems we see over in the Expression Web forum is the
problems created with Word's and Publisher's Save As HTML. It's horrid (and
needlessly so--they certainly should be able to modernize it to be better, at
least not redefining everything at the start of every paragraph and setting
sizes in increments that make sense.).