Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hermit5 hermit5 is offline

Default How do I turn a PDF file into a workable "word" doc.?

I would like to fill out a doc. which was down loaded as a PDF file. How can
I change it to a workable Doc. file in WORD so I can Fill it in.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You need third-party software. Word can't convert it.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"hermit5" wrote in message
I would like to fill out a doc. which was down loaded as a PDF file. How
can
I change it to a workable Doc. file in WORD so I can Fill it in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Print the .pdf file with the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer and then
when the document opens in the MODIW, use the Send Text to Word button to
invoke the OCR utility of the MODIW and send the text to a Word Document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"hermit5" wrote in message
I would like to fill out a doc. which was down loaded as a PDF file. How
can
I change it to a workable Doc. file in WORD so I can Fill it in.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus[_2_] Opinicus[_2_] is offline

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com"
wrote

Print the .pdf file with the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer and
then when the document opens in the MODIW, use the Send Text to Word
button to invoke the OCR utility of the MODIW and send the text to a Word
Document.

Is this feature available in Word 2002 (Office XP) or was it added later?

I've got something called a "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" installed as a
printer but it doesn't seem to have a "Send Text" option when I send a PDF
to it.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It was never installed by default in any Word version. Re-run Office setup
from Control Panel add or remove programs and see if it was available in
that version.

Opinicus wrote:
"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com"
wrote

Print the .pdf file with the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer
and then when the document opens in the MODIW, use the Send Text to
Word button to invoke the OCR utility of the MODIW and send the text
to a Word Document.

Is this feature available in Word 2002 (Office XP) or was it added
later?
I've got something called a "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" installed
as a printer but it doesn't seem to have a "Send Text" option when I
send a PDF to it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus[_2_] Opinicus[_2_] is offline

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote

Is this feature available in Word 2002 (Office XP) or was it added later?
I've got something called a "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" installed as
a printer but it doesn't seem to have a "Send Text" option when I send a
PDF to it.

Microsoft Office Document Imaging was first introduced in Office XP, but
the MODI printer driver feature was not added until Office 2003.

Bugger (as they say down under).

Thanks for the info however.

Thinking... thinking... thinking...
My wife is using Office 2003. Could I install just this feature from her CD,
I wonder?

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And it is removed when you install Office 2007, replaced by the Microsoft
XPS Document Writer, I believe (though as I now seem to have MODI installed,
I must have done something to change that).

http://word.mvps.org

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...