Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Shazbow Shazbow is offline

Default Attaching a word 2003 doc to a fax manager wizard

Help! I'm trying to send a word 2003 document via fax but there is no fax
machine! the computer has a fax wizard installed, with all the faxes saved in
folders on the computer. The fax wizard is supposed to let you attach word
documents but there is nothing on the drop down menu's to let me do this.
The help wizard says I should send the word document to a fax printer first.
The printer I have is an all-in-one printer for printing, copying and
scanning. I can send received faxes to the printer, but I can't see how
printing my document will make it attach itself to the fax wizard? If I
paste the wording into the text box in the fax wizard it seems to work, but
when I preview the page it only shows the cover sheet and most of the text
seems to be missing, although they seem to receive all of the message at the
other end! How do I send a cover sheet and a word document together?
--
Shazbow
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I do not know to what "fax wizard" you are referring, but, in the File Print
dialog, can you select a "printer" that is associated with it? When the
help says that you need to send the document to a fax printer, I am sure
that it does not mean the multifunction all-in one printer that you mention.
It would be referring to a "virtual" printer that will produce output in a
form that can be handled by the wizard.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Shazbow" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

To add to what Doug has said. If you 'print' to the fax driver associated
with the fax software, the document is sent to the fax software for
transmission.

Shazbow wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Shazbow Shazbow is offline

Hello Doug,
Thankyou for replying - yes it does have a selection of printers on the
list. As we only have the one printer I assumed they were old ones which are
not used anymore. I will have a look when I get to work to see if I can find
one which matches the wizard (sorry I don't know the manufacturer).
Otherwise I will just try each one and see if it works!!!
Many thanks!
--
Shazbow

"Shazbow" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Shazbow Shazbow is offline

Hello Graham
Thankyou also for your help! There is a list of printers on the menu, I
thought they were all old printers which weren't used anymore. I will have a
look when I get to work to see if there is a match, or I will just try
printing to each one in turn to see if it works that way!!
Many thanks for your help!
--
Shazbow