Hoohah

Default Any way to add some kind of pop up info box?

You know how when you hold your mouse over a hyperlink in a document, you get
a description? Can I somehow use a feature such as this without using
hyperlinks? What about other choices? Is there anything that would allow a
box with type to slide out or pop up if you hold your mouse over something,
or click on something in the document?
Greg Maxey

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/document_u...structions.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Hoohah wrote:
You know how when you hold your mouse over a hyperlink in a document,
you get a description? Can I somehow use a feature such as this
without using hyperlinks? What about other choices? Is there anything
that would allow a box with type to slide out or pop up if you hold
your mouse over something, or click on something in the document?

Hoohah

Thats actually pretty neat, but Im sorry to say that doesn't help me.
Sorry, its my fault. I didn't realize someone would interpret "Is there
anything that would allow a
box with type to slide out or pop up if you hold your mouse over something,
or click on something in the document", as bring up a box you have to click
out of.

You see, there are lists of information in this document. Each individual
listed thing needs a description of what it is, and a description of its
requirements. The requirements are what you need to know the quickest and
more often than the other information, and I need this to be displayed in a
way that doesn't bring up something you have to click out of. It needs to be
something like a little info box that slides out when you hold your mouse
still over something, then goes away when you move your mouse again. This way
it doesnt annoy people or break their concentration.

Is there some way to bring up one of those little hyperlink messages without
having a hyperlink?

Hoohah wrote:
You know how when you hold your mouse over a hyperlink in a document,
you get a description? Can I somehow use a feature such as this
without using hyperlinks? What about other choices? Is there anything
that would allow a box with type to slide out or pop up if you hold
your mouse over something, or click on something in the document?

Greg Maxey

Hoorah,

No there isn't . About the best you can get is bookmark the individual thing
and create a hyperlink to the thing itself (i.e., the bookmark). You can
change the hyperlink and followed hyperlink styles such that it doesn't look
like a hyperlink. You can get a screen tip this way, but unfortunately I
don't think there is a way to mask the "click to follow link" that Word
automatically attaches to the screen tip text.