Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LSivak LSivak is offline

Default How to create a merged email in word

I am trying to create a merged email from an excel document where I have
severals rows of name and address information that I want to merge into one
email and send to one address.

May have up to 50 different records that I may want to merge into one email
for one given email address.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Create a Directory merge. Merge to a new document. Add your e-mail content
and e-mail the document.

LSivak wrote:
I am trying to create a merged email from an excel document where I
have severals rows of name and address information that I want to
merge into one email and send to one address.

May have up to 50 different records that I may want to merge into one
email for one given email address.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LSivak LSivak is offline

Graham,

Thank you, I understand the directoy, but where would I add the email
content and email the document?

I did fail to mention and perhaps this is the stumbling block, but I have a
list of 1000 names and of those names the first 100 go to email A, then the
next 100 go to email B and so on. Any way to do this?

Thanks!

LSivak wrote:
I am trying to create a merged email from an excel document where I
have severals rows of name and address information that I want to
merge into one email and send to one address.

May have up to 50 different records that I may want to merge into one
email for one given email address.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The mail merge simply gives you a document containing your list. That
document then needs to be edited to make it an e-mail. You can then file
send to mail recipient.
You will probably have to do this ten times (one for each of your 100
blocks).
See also the special merges section of fellow MVP Cindy Meister's web site
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...tm#ComplexMerg