Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jason Jason is offline

Default Kind of a hyperlink, but not really

I want to create a document that will allow people to click certain words and
then the document will expand and a definition/explanation will appear. I do
not want to use a hyperlink because I do not want to be diverted to another
document. I just want hidden text to appear when people click on a word. I
have come across this many times while looking through Microsoft Help. I
think the words are usually green with a dotted underline. Anybody understand
what I am talking about?

Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Suzanne said, Word's Help is a totally different type of file than
the file that Word creates, and so operates differently.

However, there are a couple of ways that you could fake the effect you
are after:
Option 1, closer to what you describe:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Toggle_Data_Display.htm

Option 2, using custom screentips
This would bring up a description while you hovered over a word. To
create this, you would need to make the word a hyperlink that goes
nowhere (make it a hyperlink within the document, and enter # as the
destination, then set a custom screentip with the definition).

Jason wrote:
I want to create a document that will allow people to click certain words and
then the document will expand and a definition/explanation will appear. I do
not want to use a hyperlink because I do not want to be diverted to another
document. I just want hidden text to appear when people click on a word. I
have come across this many times while looking through Microsoft Help. I
think the words are usually green with a dotted underline. Anybody understand
what I am talking about?

Jason

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Poprivet Poprivet is offline

Jason wrote:
I want to create a document that will allow people to click certain
words and then the document will expand and a definition/explanation
will appear. I do not want to use a hyperlink because I do not want
to be diverted to another document. I just want hidden text to appear
when people click on a word. I have come across this many times while
looking through Microsoft Help. I think the words are usually green
with a dotted underline. Anybody understand what I am talking about?

Jason

You could Insert; Comment for certain words, and then provide the text for
the comments. When a user hovers a mouse over the word, the comment will
pop up until thye move they mouse away from that word.

HTH
Pop`