Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John9210 John9210 is offline

Default Extending table rows changes text formatting

I'm using Word 2007 on Win Vista. When I add rows to a table (using tab), the
text size changes to size 9 in the new row. The text is using the Normal
style (Calibri (Body), size 10). When I click on the new text to check it's
style, it is using Normal, but it displays as size 9 anyway. I have to
manually select the cells and apply size 10. What's causing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Change the font size defined for the table style. Right-click the applied
(highlighted) style in the Styles group on the Table Tools: Design tab, and
choose Modify Table Style.

Note, however, that table styles are unpredictable (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html). Therefore, you
might prefer creating a paragraph style with the desired formatting and
apply that to the text of cells.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP