Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
zaza zaza is offline

Default Strip of unwanted document across screen. How to get rid?

There is a strip of document across my computer screen which is visable on a
document I want to print. It is visable on print pre view and when I close
the document down. It's like there is a hole in the screen with writing on
it. It's not the first time it's happened. Could you please tell me how to
get rid of it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Have you checked to ensure that you have the most up-to-date video drivers
for your video card?

(Word uses the display intensively which may be why you are experiencing
this in Word and not anywhere else, but there could be other explanations as
well)

Peter Jamieson

"zaza" wrote in message
There is a strip of document across my computer screen which is visable on
document I want to print. It is visable on print pre view and when I
close
the document down. It's like there is a hole in the screen with writing
on
it. It's not the first time it's happened. Could you please tell me how
get rid of it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
zaza zaza is offline

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

Have you checked to ensure that you have the most up-to-date video drivers
for your video card?

(Word uses the display intensively which may be why you are experiencing
this in Word and not anywhere else, but there could be other explanations as
well)

Thanks for your reply but I'm afraid you're baffling me with technology! I
wasn't aware I had a video driver, let alone whether it's up-to-date! It's
possible I suppose that this is what's wrong. Are they inexpensive to buy
and are they easy to put in? Thanks again, zaza

Peter Jamieson

"zaza" wrote in message
There is a strip of document across my computer screen which is visable on
document I want to print. It is visable on print pre view and when I
close
the document down. It's like there is a hole in the screen with writing
on
it. It's not the first time it's happened. Could you please tell me how
get rid of it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

All PCs have display drivers, it is the software that makes the screen light
up!
Windows Control Panel System Hardware Device Manager Display
Adapters - will give you the name of your display adapter. Now go to the
manufacturer's web site and download the latest update (free) and install
it. If you are not sure which to get, find someone who is!!!