Karan

Default unit measurement set for inches, but shows "ch" not inches

Even though my ruler settings has inches as the selection, the actual ruler
does not appear as inches, but as "ch." What is this and how do I correct?

kmm59

"Karan" wrote in message
Even though my ruler settings has inches as the selection, the actual

ruler
does not appear as inches, but as "ch." What is this and how do I

correct?

I looked it up since it made me curious also:
1.. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.
2.. In the Measurement units box, click the option you want.
That should do it.

karen

Jay Freedman

See http://www.gmayor.com/Character_Units.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lucy

Clee, I only have 1 box below the measurment unit drop down and that is "Show
pixels for HTML feature". Also the "Character Unit" box is set for inches,
but in Word the ruler still displays in centimeters?

"kmm59" wrote:

"Karan" wrote in message
Even though my ruler settings has inches as the selection, the actual

ruler
does not appear as inches, but as "ch." What is this and how do I

correct?

I looked it up since it made me curious also:
1.. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General tab.
2.. In the Measurement units box, click the option you want.
That should do it.

karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lucy

Hi Graham Mayor. My "Unit Measurement" box under Tools, Options, General tab
is set for inches already. But my ruler still displays in centimeters. The
same for my indenting options as well as my space options. They all are set
for centimeters?

"kmm59" wrote:

"Karan" wrote in message
Even though my ruler settings has inches as the selection, the
actual ruler does not appear as inches, but as "ch." What is this
and how do I correct?

I looked it up since it made me curious also:
1.. On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the General
tab.
2.. In the Measurement units box, click the option you want.
That should do it.

karen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lucy

Karen, When I click on Tool menu, click Options, and click the General tab,
the measurement units box is set for inches--but my ruler still displays
centimeters.

Lucy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

Lucy,

Did you *read* the article that Graham pointed to?

Those are not centimeters, they're "character units", and the article
describes a simple method for getting rid of them. When you follow the steps
in the article, your ruler and other options will appear in inches, as the
dialog says they should be.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman