Highlights not showing in google doc

Old June 13th 18, 04:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Default Highlights not showing in google doc

I'm having an issue with a word document (.docx) that I have saved to google drive from an email attachment.
The original word document has various different colored highlights, and when I look at the preview in google drive, they show up. But when I open the document, the highlights are no longer visible.

Anyone have any idea why this might happen?