Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aish Aish is offline

Default Latex Style Citation in Word 2007

Hi,

I've had a nightmarish experience once with Latex for one paper, and as once
a loyal fan for MS visual studio, I decided to take the plunge to Microsoft's
Office 2007 trial for my thesis. Transfered paintstakingly my references from
EndNote to Word. (Couldn't find any tool which would let me do that). On the
contrary, there are quite a few to convert bibtex -- Endnote.

Now, my grouse has been there is just no Latex style supported by Word (I am
sorry I don't know what standard it is) . Infact I am pretty sure there isn't
anything like Latex style, but it seems to be the most common format for
citation
e.g. in text...

......we enhance the crypto API as defined in [3] ....

Bibliography

[3] W. Chap and E. Smart. [Title Text] i [Journal/conf name] /i ...

With some help I managed to tweak the ISO690Numerical.XSL to somehow get
the square brackets [ ] working, but it's a daunting task. And being a C/C++
dev, XML gives me cold feet (dunno why)

I have just 1 week more to go, so no point in asking if/when word will come
out with a style for this. But any starter tips or links to how others did
it... would be simply wonderful! Or for others who I am pretty sure will soon
flock here looking for solutions, any info on it posted here would be great!

Maybe some PM at MSFT could think about adding a UI feature for
modifying/creating citation styles?

If it works, I promise to buy Office '07 once trial gets over (chill, I'll
buy it anyways).

Best Regards,
Aish
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Scott Scott is offline

I think the citation style you are looking for is called IEEE. What you are
trying to do is exactly what I need to do as well. I just stopped in here to
have a look and see how I can create a new style or update a current style to
more accurately reflect the IEEE standards for citations. Well hopefully as
more people get involved with WORD 2007 and referencing we will see some new
citation styles available for download. (Especially since it seems as easy as
dropping the new XML file into the proper directory)
--
Cheers,
Scott

"Aish" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aish Aish is offline

ahaa, so that's what the style's called. Well, I struggled big time with the
bibliography stuff and submited the thesis 4 days before your post :-)

Word would crash every time I tried to update the bibliography. I was using
Word Student Trial and to the best of my knowledge, I've been accepting and
installing all the updates. Maybe the full non-trial version has better
patches.

I tried to modify the xlst files to make it similar to IEEE. If you are
still working on it, I could e-mail it to you.

Imho, the reference fields need to become more mature. I was teribbly
missing EndNote by the end of my thesis. Hope the feature matures further and
becomes more "end-user customisable".

cheers,
-Aish

"Aish" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] adstotz@buffalo.edu is offline

Aish,

I came across this post looking for a Word 2007 IEEE bibliography
style. Could you send me the one you've created or let me know where
I can get one? Also, how do I install the new format? When I have
tried to create a custom style in the past, it doesn't appear as a
unique name in the list of available styles.

Thanks,
Adam

"Aish" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] reaper1013@hotmail.com is offline

Aish-
I was looking for the IEEE style sheet as other people have been on this
page. I was wondering if I could get one from you. Also, any helpful hints
on how-to install it would be great as well.

Thanks,
Jeff

"Aish" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gg gg is offline

I have the same problem too. I wrote my thesis in Word 2007 and now when I
started thinking about putting in references, it has become a nightmare. I am
looking for the IEEE style sheet as well... is there any way i can get that??
plsssss

I am in deep trouble. Refworks - Work n Cite is not compatible with word
2007 i believe.

Any suggestions?

I have just a week left for my thesis format review

"Aish" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stressboi Stressboi is offline

Hi Aish,

I would like to have the IEEE citation from you. Will it be alright? Thks.
You can send he

Thanks...

Regards,
Stressboi

"Aish" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yves Dhondt Yves Dhondt is offline

Hello,

You can find an IEEE reference style implementation for Word 2007/2008
bibliography tool at http://bibliography.codeplex.com

IEEE only styles:
http://bibliography.codeplex.com/Rel...eleaseId=19764
All available styles: