Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sandra via OfficeKB.com

Default Mailmerge - Word 2000

I currently have a database holding details of 400+ members.

Each member is to receive a letter containing standard text. Depending on
circumstances each member will need variable paragraph(s) inserting in the
same place within the document (somewhere in the middle of the standard text).
There are approximately 20 different paragraphs and one member might need two
of the standard paragraphs inserting whilst another might need nine of the
standard paragraphs inserting, etc.

I can't think of any way to link the individual paragraphs to each member's
record in the database to enable me to merge. Is this possible?

At the moment the paragraphs are just one long document.

The only way I can think of is to save each individual paragraph as an
autotext entry and then insert the required paragraph into the individual
letters, although this would mean re-typing all the names, address,
salutation again.

Your advice would be most appreciated.

Sandra