Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
VcDeveloper VcDeveloper is offline

Default Optimizing this formula?

I have three columns and only calculating col 2. I have a heading so my
calculation starts from row 2. But here is the task.

1) row 2 is my opening balance.
2) every row after this is a amount that is subtracted from the row 2.
3) the last row will contain the closing balance.

I'm creating a monthly budget and this is what I'm able to do so far.
A) {=B2-(SUM(ABOVE))} BUT, I can't seem to add an extra field to subtract
the extra balance.
B) I used {=B2-SUM(B3:B10)} BUT, I don't want to keep changing the last row
number.

Any suggesting on how to optimize this or am I stuck with making the last
row number change?

--
Coding is like a box of chocolates!...

If formula Duncan Tables 4 August 14th 08 05:47 PM
Optimizing Font Performance jennie-o Microsoft Word Help 2 January 19th 06 07:58 PM
how to align caption of formula right whereas formula itself left Martin van Leeuwen Microsoft Word Help 1 October 22nd 05 06:39 AM
Formula help? Michael_Corral Microsoft Word Help 1 June 21st 05 07:44 PM
Formula help? Michael_Corral Page Layout 1 June 21st 05 07:27 PM