Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
khalid saeed khalid saeed is offline

Default how to change the numbers format

Hello everybody, need your help. How can I change the numbers format from the
Western style into the Hindi? I have Word 2007 , beofre that I was using the
2003 and it was an easy task to do. I used to go to
tools....option....complex script then I change it from there but now with
the 2007 I could not do it. Pleeeeeeeease help me.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"khalid saeed" wrote:
Hello everybody, need your help. How can I change the numbers format from
the
Western style into the Hindi? I have Word 2007 , beofre that I was using
the
2003 and it was an easy task to do. I used to go to
tools....option....complex script then I change it from there but now with
the 2007 I could not do it. Pleeeeeeeease help me.

When you've already installed language support for Hindi (in the Microsoft
Office Language Settings), I'd expect you would see Hindi numbering schemes
directly in the numbering dialogs?
Say when you right-click on a numbered list, choose "Numbering Define new
number format" from the context menu (or something like that), then look in
the dropdown at the top...

If that does not work, you could set the numbering format with a macro (even
without language support for Hindi).

With the cursor in the list you want to modify, you could run something like
the following to change the numbering of the first level:

Selection.Range.ListFormat.ListTemplate.ListLevels (1).NumberStyle=wdListNumberStyleHindiArabic
(if the paragraph has *some* kind of outline numbering already)
or
Selection.Style.ListTemplate.ListLevels(1).NumberS tyle=wdListNumberStyleHindiArabic
(if the paragraph style has *some* kind of outline numbering already)

Other wdListNumberStyle constants to try:
wdListNumberStyleHindiCardinalText

wdListNumberStyleHindiLetter1

wdListNumberStyleHindiLetter2

If that doesn't help, you could ask the localization experts in the
microsoft.public.word.international.features newsgroup...

Regards,
Klaus