Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mrbhb

Default When I save a document to a CD_RW disc it comes up as a read only

Every time I save a document to a disc and make changes to it and try to
re-save it to the disc I get a message that the file is read only and won't
let me save it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Don't save it straight to the disk. Save it to your hard drive first and
then write the CD.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mrbhb" wrote in message
Every time I save a document to a disc and make changes to it and try to
re-save it to the disc I get a message that the file is read only and
won't
let me save it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Never ever work directly from removable media. Always work from the hard
drive. Copy the files to and from your CD disc. Note that the read-only flag
will be set and when you copy back to the hard drive to work on the file,
you must uncheck its read only property before you can update it.

mrbhb wrote:
Every time I save a document to a disc and make changes to it and
try to re-save it to the disc I get a message that the file is read
only and won't let me save it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
xppuser

Default When I save a document to a CD_RW disc it comes up as a read o

In addition to all the above, I presumed that you want to treat your CDRW as
'floppy disk' where you can read and save. For you to be able to do this, you
need to pre-format your CDRW cd with one of the many many commercially
available softwares e.g. DirectCD, InCD, SonicWriter, etc.

You need to have the same software installed on any machine that you work on
to be able to re-write but you don't need it installed if all you want to do
is to read the file. E.g. two different machines, at work and at home, both
needs to have the same software installed for you to be able to treat the
CDRW as a floppy. If you only have the software installed at home, you can
treat the CDRW as a floppy at home but you can only read the file at work but
you won't be able to treat it as a floppy i.e. read/save.

Applies to w98se, w98me, w2000, wxp.

Hope this helps,
jes