Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CM CM is offline

Default How do I keep a merge field letter from moving up.-Word 2003

We have letters that we have created that merge with our other program. The
problem is that we have fields at the top and bottom for address is (6 each)
which if they are not all filled in then Word automatically moves the entire
letter up that many spaces which in turn moves the bottom address up.

The problem is that we need both the top and bottom addresses to remain
where they are so they will fit into the envelopes that we are using. We have
many letters that go out each day and are not folded by hand. Therefore, they
must remain at the same fold.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Put the mergefields for the address at the top inside the cells of a table
(without borders) and with the row heights set so that the address data
appears in the correct place.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.