Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Timadams Timadams is offline

Default Word 2000 "save as" process changed on XP installation

Please can anyone help?

I am a user of MS Word 2000 (all latest updates applied).

I have just decommissioned my trusty home PC running Windows 98 for a new
machne running XP/Home Rel 5.1(SP2).

I have reinstalled My Office 2000 CDs and applied all online updates.
Everything is running fine except for a strange change in the old
characteristics.

When a Word file is open and I click "Save As" the system no longer
automatically brings up the "Save As" dialog box. Instead, this box is at
the back of the Word document window and the task box in the the task bar
flashes. I have to click this flashing box to bring the "Save As" dialog box
to the foreground.

What parameters in the set-up are causing this please and how do I stop it?

I would prefer to just have the "Save As" dialog box come immendiately to
the foreground so that i can quickly complete the options and click "OK".

Thanks

Tim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This problem is usually caused by the Office Plug-in in Norton AntiVirus.
See €śThe Word title bar flashes or the Word program becomes unresponsive
when Word is running€ť at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812075