Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
sam.o sam.o is offline
Junior Member

Default Stopping word split lines over pages

Hi All,

I wonder whether you knowledgeable folk can help me... I'm really stuck with this one and it's driving me slightly crazy.

I'm re-typing/ editing a theatre script in word. It's formatted so that the Character's name who is speaking is on one line and then directly below is there dialogue. There is then 2 line breaks before the next section of dialogue... E.g:

SAM
Hello There how are you?

JOHN
I'm fine thanks... How was your day?

SAM
Good... (etc. etc.)

What I want to stop work from doing is splitting the Character's name and the line or a series of lines over a page...

At the moment I'm getting a lot of this:

SAM
Hi There how are you?

JOHN
--NEW PAGE---
I'm fine thanks... How was your day?

And also some of this:

SAM
Hello there - line one blah blah
--NEW PAGE--
line continues

JOHN
etc. etc.

---

Does any one know of any way to get Word to stop doing this? The document is over 300 pages long and it's taking me a very long time to go through and manually sort out these page breaks.

Thank You,

Sam