Khunla

Default How do I keep the program from resetting the default language?

I'm working in English but Word keeps setting the default language for spell
and grammer checking to French... I've gone in and reset it to English a
number of times but it goes right back to French... ARGH....

If you haven't already cleared the check box for "Detect language
automatically," do that. Then look at
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm, which explains how
to set the default font in Windows (which is where Word gets its default
font even though it gives the impression that you can set it within Word).
If you find that the language still changes while you're in the middle of
typing, it may be due to insertion of an AutoText entry or formatted
AutoCorrect entry in French.

"Khunla" wrote in message
news
I'm working in English but Word keeps setting the default language for

spell
and grammer checking to French... I've gone in and reset it to English a
number of times but it goes right back to French... ARGH....

Á÷À˵ÄË«Óã

Hi,Suzanne S. Barnhill
Where is the "Detect language automatically" checkbox?
I can't find out it in my Word.

Graham Mayor

Tools language set language