Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
caroles

Default Different header on subsequent pages

Is there any way to have different headers on subsequent pages without using
section breaks? I am trying to create business letters where there is a
letterhead on page one only. Subsequent pages will have page numbering but
not the letterhead graphic. I'd like to be able to set it up so that the
second header automatically appears from page 2.

I have used other programs which allow the header to set up the header at
the beginning of the document and specify multiple headers. Similar to the
Odd/Even header feature in Word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If you have discussed "Different odd and even," I'm surprised you haven't
also discovered "Different first page." See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"caroles" wrote in message
Is there any way to have different headers on subsequent pages without

using
section breaks? I am trying to create business letters where there is a
letterhead on page one only. Subsequent pages will have page numbering

but
not the letterhead graphic. I'd like to be able to set it up so that

the
second header automatically appears from page 2.

I have used other programs which allow the header to set up the header at
the beginning of the document and specify multiple headers. Similar to

the
Odd/Even header feature in Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
caroles

Thanks for your response. Actually I did see the different first page option
and used it to set up letterhead graphic on first page only but didn't see
how to do the subsequent pages. The article you've referenced is excellent
and appears to have exactly the information I need. The process is fairly
simple once you know to start with page 2, but it's definitely not intuitive.
I have a lot of Word Processing experience, dating back to standalone
machines that used Mag Cards, and still get stumped by Word.

"caroles" wrote in message
Is there any way to have different headers on subsequent pages without

using
section breaks? I am trying to create business letters where there is a
letterhead on page one only. Subsequent pages will have page numbering

but
not the letterhead graphic. I'd like to be able to set it up so that

the
second header automatically appears from page 2.

I have used other programs which allow the header to set up the header at
the beginning of the document and specify multiple headers. Similar to

the
Odd/Even header feature in Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

As Office MVP Bob Buckland has famously (http://word.mvps.org/) said, "Word
rarely misses an opportunity to perplex." g

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have discussed "Different odd and even," I'm surprised you

haven't
also discovered "Different first page." See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.