Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ille

Default Heading on new page

All my headings are formated with styles. How can I prevent the space above
the heading if it is at the beginning of a new space?
Thanks a lot
--
Ille
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Don't use blank paragraphs (that is, don't press Enter multiple times)
to add spacing above your headings. Instead, add some Spacing Before
to the style (in the Modify Style dialog box, click Format |
Paragraph, Indents and Spacing tab). Spacing Before will be suppressed
when the heading is located immediately after an automatic page break.

To suppress Spacing Before at manual page breaks, you'd have to check
the option to "Suppress Space Before after a hard page or column
break" in Tools | Options, Compatibility tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ille" wrote in message
All my headings are formated with styles. How can I prevent the
space above
the heading if it is at the beginning of a new space?
Thanks a lot
--
Ille

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc

Ille,
As far as I know space before and after is automatically suppressed after a
soft page break.
If you manually end a page by pressing Ctrl+enter for instance the space
will not be suppressed unless you check - Suppress space before after a
hard page or
column break - in Tools - options - compatability tab.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Ille" schreef in bericht