Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bigk bigk is offline

Default Default Zoom in Word 2007 beta

I just installed the 2007 beta.

I would like to use Page Layout and have it default to page width zoom. But
it always resets itself to full page mode when I exit and then later start
back up. Any way to do this?

--
bigk wrote this
thanks for reading

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

You need to save the change to normal.dot. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: I would like to use Page Layout and have it default to page width zoom.
But
: it always resets itself to full page mode when I exit and then later start
: back up. Any way to do this?
:
: --
: bigk wrote this
: thanks for reading
: this message is shareware - if you
: choose to continue to read this
: message please send the author
: $29.96 THANKS! :-)
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bigk bigk is offline

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
You need to save the change to normal.dot. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm

Thanks. I followed the instructions and that did not work. It still
automatically opens in full page view.

BTW I never had to do anything like this in the past. Word always seemed to
open in the zoom level that I closed it in.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"bigk" wrote in message
:I just installed the 2007 beta.
:
: I would like to use Page Layout and have it default to page width zoom.
But
: it always resets itself to full page mode when I exit and then later
start
: back up. Any way to do this?
:
: --
: bigk wrote this
: thanks for reading
: this message is shareware - if you
: choose to continue to read this
: message please send the author
: $29.96 THANKS! :-)
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

I haven't tried this in W2007: I have been quite happy with the default
100%. I'll look into this and see if I can find a solution.

Terry

"bigk" wrote in message
:
: "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: ...
: You need to save the change to normal.dot. See
: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm
:
: Thanks. I followed the instructions and that did not work. It still
: automatically opens in full page view.
:
: BTW I never had to do anything like this in the past. Word always seemed
: open in the zoom level that I closed it in.
:
:
:
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
:
: "bigk" wrote in message
: ...
: :I just installed the 2007 beta.
: :
: : I would like to use Page Layout and have it default to page width
zoom.
: But
: : it always resets itself to full page mode when I exit and then later
: start
: : back up. Any way to do this?
: :
: : --
: : bigk wrote this
: : thanks for reading
: : this message is shareware - if you
: : choose to continue to read this
: : message please send the author
: : $29.96 THANKS! :-)
: :
: :
:
:
:
:

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bigk bigk is offline

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
I haven't tried this in W2007: I have been quite happy with the default
100%. I'll look into this and see if I can find a solution.

Any answers?

Terry

"bigk" wrote in message
:
: "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: ...
: You need to save the change to normal.dot. See
: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/general/SaveViewAndZoom.htm
:
: Thanks. I followed the instructions and that did not work. It still
: automatically opens in full page view.
:
: BTW I never had to do anything like this in the past. Word always
seemed
: open in the zoom level that I closed it in.
:
:
:
: --