Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mlewis mlewis is offline

Default Table Headings on subsequent pages

I can not make the table headings repeat on subsequent pages in my Word
Table. This has happened from time to time on different computers, etc., but
this is a new computer and a new Microsoft Office package AND the first table
at my new workpace. The page breaks are created by Word; I'm using the Print
Layout View; and I've clicked the heading Rows Repeat on the Table menu.
HELP! Please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mlewis mlewis is offline

Thanks for writing, Jezebel. I don't even know where one would set "every"
row to repeat. After highlighting Row 1; in Table Properties, Row Tab; I
highlighted the *Allow row to break across pages* and *Repeat as header row
at the top of each page,* but depending how Word is feeling, it may or may
not do either. This had been a problem for YEARS and I always blamed whoever
used the computer before. THIS time, however, both the computer and the
software are brand-spankin' new.

Do you have any other thoughts?

Mary

"Jezebel" wrote:

Check that you haven't set *every* row to repeat.

"mlewis" wrote in message
news
I can not make the table headings repeat on subsequent pages in my Word
Table. This has happened from time to time on different computers, etc.,
but
this is a new computer and a new Microsoft Office package AND the first
table
at my new workpace. The page breaks are created by Word; I'm using the
Print
Layout View; and I've clicked the heading Rows Repeat on the Table menu.
HELP! Please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You should not set the "Allow row to break across pages" for the heading
row. You do not want it to do that; you want it to repeat.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jezebel" wrote:

Check that you haven't set *every* row to repeat.

"mlewis" wrote in message
news
I can not make the table headings repeat on subsequent pages in my Word
Table. This has happened from time to time on different computers,
etc.,
but
this is a new computer and a new Microsoft Office package AND the first
table
at my new workpace. The page breaks are created by Word; I'm using the
Print
Layout View; and I've clicked the heading Rows Repeat on the Table
menu.
HELP! Please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
wmartin wmartin is offline

Hi I'm having exactly the same problem as mlewis. Doug I followed your advice
and am still not having any success. Do you have any further suggestions?

Thanks very much

"Jezebel" wrote:

Check that you haven't set *every* row to repeat.

"mlewis" wrote in message
news I can not make the table headings repeat on subsequent pages in my Word
Table. This has happened from time to time on different computers,
etc.,
but
this is a new computer and a new Microsoft Office package AND the first
table
at my new workpace. The page breaks are created by Word; I'm using the
Print
Layout View; and I've clicked the heading Rows Repeat on the Table
menu.
HELP! Please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Is there a manual page break in the table? If so, it has been split into
two, which explains why the heading row refuses to repeat. To force a
certain row to the next page, instead do this: Select the row and click
Format | Paragraph. On the Line and Page Breaks tab, click the "Page
break before" option, and click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

You should not set the "Allow row to break across pages" for the

heading
row. You do not want it to do that; you want it to repeat.

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of

my

"mlewis" wrote in message
news I can not make the table headings repeat on subsequent pages in

my Word
Table. This has happened from time to time on different

computers,
etc.,
but
this is a new computer and a new Microsoft Office package AND

the first
table
at my new workpace. The page breaks are created by Word; I'm

using the
Print
Layout View; and I've clicked the heading Rows Repeat on the

Table
menu.
HELP! Please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

And in order to "undo" a split, just display nonprinting marks (press
Ctrl+Shift+8) and then delete the paragraph mark (¶) between the tables.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP