Moss's Boss

Default How do I set defaults for envelope inside address

I'm sorry to be using this means of getting my question on this board, but
this whole arrangement is absolutely opaque to anyone who's new to it (how do
you post a brand-new question? Where are the newsgroups? Etc.).
Anyway. My Word 2004 for Mac has begun altering my return-address formatting
in my envelope template and refusing to change it (that is, I can change it
manually each time, but it's a pain). It changes the desired font size from
10pt to 12pt. I click "Font" in the return-address panel, change it to 10pt,
and click "Default" in the lower left corner. The program then asks me if I
want to change the default return address in my "Normal" template to
"default Palatino" and I click "yes." But it doesn't change it. I've tried
the same thing going through Format/Style; the box indicates that the default
format for envelope return addresses is what I want it to be, but that's not
what turns up when I actually go to create an envelope. I don't fool with
formats, so as far as I know the only format I have is Normal. Please keep
the answer real, real simple and step-by-step; despite having used these
beasts for 20 years, I have a genuine talent for finding the problem no one
has ever discovered before. This problem started spontaneously, for no known
reason. I'd be grateful if whoever answers this could respond to my e-mail
address, , since it took me two hours to find my way to
this site and figure out how to post a message (however indirectly), and I
can't be sure I can find my way back. TIA for all aid.
Daiya Mitchell

Probably not helped by the fact that the site is not very Mac friendly--it
may not be working properly.

Those exact directions work fine for me in MacWord 2004, but there *is* a
bug out there that people are trying to track down. I did not see it in OS X
10.3.6 or 10.3.8--it may be related to 10.3.7 where someone did see it. But
we don't know, so we need more information.

Please post the *exact* version number and build (in parentheses) from the
About Word... dialog, and the OS you are using, and I will pass the
information along.

However, note that there are Mac-specific ms office groups you may want to
use in the future.
See here for gateway to Mac-specific ngs:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/community/community.aspx?pid=newsgroups

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: