DFRITO

Default scanning button gone

Using Word 2000 and an HP scanner, not a new one but usb neverthless, on a
98SE computer. Worked fine for a while now gone.
When i click on insert a picture from the scanner it brings up the box that
asks for ether web quality or print quality and then has two buttons for scan
or custom scan.

i use to hit the scan button but now that is greyed out and the only option
is for custom scan, which makes the scan document 5 meg or greater, not good
for e-mail.
something changed just don't know what, so i re-install Word or just make a
change, Thanks
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

That doesn't sound like a Word problem. I'd suggest contacting HP but you
may or may not be able to get a tech question answered for free.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]